Low Carb Breakfast: What Does It Do?
Eating protein, fruits and vegetables, and complex carbohydrates in the morning has its benefits. Especially if you want to lose weight or strengthen your muscles, you can use a low-carb breakfast with a lot of protein. This is because glycogen stores are lowest in the morning and fat burning, also known as fat oxidation, is at its highest in the morning.
A breakfast rich in protein and high in fat will stimulate and cause fat metabolismThe body gets most of the energy it needs for rest from fat cells. So if you don’t eat enough carbs, your body will switch to fat metabolism instead of carbohydrate metabolism.
A study conducted by the University of Missouri showed the same.A breakfast with a high protein content can help our body last longer and reduce appetite: The subjects in the study did not need a small snack during the day.
Low-carb breakfast: can you lose weight with it?
Carbohydrates have a huge impact on your body fat content. If you eat more carbs than you need, your body will store the excess carbs as fat for times of need. So if you want to lose weight By reducing carbohydrates (eg bread) to avoid.
But: Crucial to weight loss is not only what you eat in the morning, but also monitoring your basal and overall metabolic rate. You can only lose weight if you consume more energy than you consume in food. Here you can calculate your basal metabolic rate.
Low carb breakfast: benefits
A low-carb, high-protein recipe in the morning has the following benefits for your body:
- blood sugar level The increased protein intake keeps insulin levels stable. Although the hormone insulin is produced when protein-rich foods are digested, it takes a long time for the body to break it down again.
- Longer satisfaction and no desire; If your recipe includes fiber, protein and fat, they will last longer. This is also proven to prevent lust.
- fat burning Metabolism is stimulated by a low-carb diet, so your body burns more fat.
- blood pressure: A low-carb breakfast (recipe) can improve blood pressure, especially in overweight people.
- Hormonal balance Healthy fats such as flaxseeds, chia seeds, walnuts, or avocados contain unsaturated omega-3 fatty acids, which help balance your hormones.
- Muscle building: When you eat proteins, the body has to spend a lot of energy. Protein-rich foods (like scrambled eggs) also serve as food for muscle cells. The more muscle mass, the more calories your body burns at rest.
Low-carb breakfast: You should consider this
When preparing your low-carb recipes, be sure It is balanced and provides your body with fat, fiber and vitamins. Make sure your needs for vitamins C, A, E and K, iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium and antioxidants are covered at breakfast and for the rest of the day. You can get complex carbohydrates in the form of cereals or bread rolls from whole grains or oats.
These foods are good for a low-carb breakfast
Of course, a high-protein, low-carb diet doesn’t mean eating only scrambled eggs. The following foods are suitable for your breakfast recipe:
Proteins and proteins
- Low fat quark
- Granulated cream cheese
- Yogurt (also protein yogurt)
- Soy products (eg tofu)
- Greek yogurt
- Lean meat
- Protein powder
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Linseed oil
- Quinoa (quinoa flakes)
- buckwheat flakes
- Whole grain bread
- Oat bread
Vegetables and fruits
Low-carb breakfast: 6 breakfast recipes
1. Skyr Coconut Bowl (Also Vegan)
- 1 tsp toasted coconut(s)
- 200 grams of skyr or vegan skyr
- 50 g of berry(s)
- 0.5 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of oatmeal
- 1 tbsp coconut chips
- Fry the fatless coconut in a pan until golden brown. Be careful not to burn.
- Mix the toasted coconut flakes with the curry.
- Pour into bowls and layer the rest of the ingredients on top.
2. Spinach, Pea and Egg Toast Muffins
Ingredients for 12 pieces:
- 30 g peas (frozen)
- 60 grams of baby spinach leaves
- 1 tsp butter
- 12 slices of sandwich toast
- 12 eggs (size)
- 6 pieces of pork
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Blanch the peas in boiling water for 20 seconds, pour into a colander, rinse and dry well. Wash the spinach and dry well. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Cook the spinach in it on low heat, stirring until it is done. Add peas, salt and pepper and leave to cool.
- Remove the crust from the fried pieces and roll flat with a rolling pin. Lightly grease the muffin cases. Place the pieces of the bottles separately in the molds and press them carefully. Carefully break 1 egg into each mold. Spread the spinach and peas evenly over the top.
- Prepare the toasted muffins in the oven at 180 degrees on the 2nd shelf for 15 minutes. 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time, cut the bacon slices in half and fry them in oil in a covered pan until cooked.
- Remove the toasted muffins from the oven, garnish with pepper and serve.