Italian food is very popular all over the world, and rightly so. Among other things, Arancini Siciliani has a sweet taste. Have you ever made Sicilian rice balls yourself?
No other country beats Italy when it comes to cuisine. Spaghetti, pizza and co are among the favorite foods of many people around the world. Have you ever ordered Sicilian arachni in an authentic Italian restaurant? You can also make the traditional rice balls from Sicily, filled with grilled meat, at home and at least let the taste take you to a hot place.
You can also bring the Italian attitude home with five-ingredient potato soup or enjoy Bella Italia with creamy nocchi tomato soup and Mediterranean olive bread.
You will need the following ingredients for the Arachni Siciliani recipe
- 2 onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 300 grams of boiled meat
- 1 carrot
- 1 tsp oregano
- 150 grams of peas
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cent salt
- 1 pin pepper
- some water
- 250 grams of rice
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 100 grams of ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams of flour
- 100 grams of bread crumbs
- fat (for frying)
Don’t want to miss more recipes and kitchen tricks?
Click here for the gourmet newsletter from our partner Merkur.de
Arancini Siciliani Recipe: This is how to make traditional Sicilian rice balls easily.
- Peel both the onion and the garlic, cut them both into small pieces and fry the onion with the garlic and two tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Then add the minced meat and fry.
- Then the carrot is cleaned, peeled and taken inside. Add oregano, peas and tomato paste, salt and pepper and let the sauce melt a little. If necessary, you need to add a little water.
- Take the second onion and fry it in a pan with the remaining olive oil. Add the rice and sweat it. Gradually add the vegetable broth and cook until the rice absorbs the liquid and reaches the desired consistency.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the rice to cool slightly. Then mix in the ricotta and egg. Scoop out some risotto using a ladle, hold it in your hand and flatten it. Add one tablespoon of tomato and minced meat and another tablespoon of risotto. Finally, make round rice balls.
- Continue until you have used the risotto and the filling, being careful not to let the filling spill out of the arachni Siciliani.
- After creating all the Sicilian rice balls, beat the second egg. Then roll the homemade Arancini Siciliani in flour, dip the rice balls in egg and finally coat them in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the fat in a deep frying pan to 180°C and fry the arachni sicillini in it for about three minutes one at a time. Use paper towels to remove excess frying fat.